Will my membership be extended?
Yes! All basic level (Senior, Individual, Family, and Premium) and Friend Level memberships received an extension. We know that you value your visits and we want to make sure that you are given your full year of membership. We have extended current memberships to account for the time of our closure.
How will I know what my new expiration date is?
Will I get new membership cards with the updated expiration date?
No. Unfortunately, we are unable to reprint cards. The change will be reflected on your mobile membership card only. You can access your mobile membership card HERE.
What if I don’t have a mobile membership card?
Not to worry! You can sign up HERE. Your mobile membership card is a great way to have all your membership information right in the palm of your hand. If you don’t have a smart phone, that’s OK too. You can access it on a computer and print it out. As always, when visiting any of our four amazing museums, you don’t need your card or mobile card. When you check in, our admissions staff will be able to see your extension.
What other measures are you taking to keep members safe?
Your health is important to us! During your visit you’ll notice that we’ve adopted some new practices and procedures to keep you safe.
- When you arrive at any of our facilities you’ll be asked to undergo a temperature check using a touchless thermometer. You’ll also be asked if you have any COVID-19 symptoms, which will be listed on nearby signage.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols to meet or exceed CDC guidelines. All galleries, handrails, and restrooms will be sanitized in a constant rotation throughout the day.
- Hand sanitizing stations will be available throughout public spaces.
- Timed-ticketing allows us to limit the number of guests in and control visitor flow.
- We will modify interactive exhibits where possible and install additional hand sanitzers near them; and, in some cases, we will temporarily close interactive exhibits.
- One-way traffic flow patterns.
- Plexiglass shields have been installed at all cash registers.
- Visitors over 2 years of age will be required to wear masks. Any visitor displaying signs of illness will be asked to leave.
- Social distancing of 6 feet will be implemented and monitored. Groups entering together should stay together and all children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Do Members need to reserve timed-tickets?
Yes. The health and safety of our members, visitors, and staff are of the upmost importance. We have implemented timed-ticketing to help curb the spread of COVID-19. Reservations for our four museums—Carnegie Museum of Art, Carnegie Museum of Natural History, Carnegie Science Center, and The Andy Warhol Museum—can be made HERE. We recommend purchasing tickets at least 15 minutes in advance.
Will you be offering special times for vulnerable populations?
The museums are for everyone and we are working hard to ensure access for all. Please visit each museum’s website to find their dedicated hours.
Have questions about membership? Please email us.
- Membership Benefits
- Using Your Benefits
- Membership Levels
- Purchasing Your Membership
- Mobile Card
What museums are included in my membership?
Your membership includes the four Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh:
Carnegie Science Center (including Highmark SportsWorks®)
What discounts do members receive?
Members receive a 10% discount in all four museum stores and cafes. In addition, members receive discounts on select classes, camps, and lectures (member pricing is listed when applicable).
What member events are offered?
Members enjoy exhibition previews, exclusive tours, lectures, and more! Please visit our member events page for a list of upcoming events.
Do members get reciprocal benefits at other museums?
Carnegie Science Center participates in the Association of Science-Technology Centers (ASTC) Passport Program which offers free or discounted admission to participating science centers and museums that are beyond a 90-mile radius of Pittsburgh and your home address.*
Just show your Carnegie Museums membership card and a photo ID for admission at ASTC institutions. We recommend calling before you visit, as the list of reciprocal museums may change without notice.
Premium level members and above also receive reciprocal admission to a list of select art and natural history museums. View the list here.
What is the caregiver?
Our Family and Premium memberships allow you to add a caregiver, an adult (18 or older) who can bring your children to the museum when you aren’t present. Only one caregiver can be designated at a time. Multiple caregivers cannot be listed on your membership, even if they are spouses.
Your caregiver will receive a caregiver card to present for admission. You can change your caregiver by contacting the Membership Team.