Official Rules for the Member Summer Adventure
CARNEGIE MUSEUMS OF PITTSBURGH MEMBER SUMMER ADVENTURE SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY: The CARNEGIE MUSEUMS OF PITTSBURGH MEMBER SUMMER ADVENTURE SWEEPSTAKES (“Sweepstakes”) is open to persons who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of the Sweepstakes Drawing and who are members of any of the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh (the Carnegie Museum of Art, the Carnegie Museum of Natural History, the Carnegie Science Center and the Warhol Museum) or the Powdermill Nature Center (“collectively “the Sponsor” or “Museums”). Employees of Sponsor, as well as the immediate family of Sponsor’s employees (spouse, parents, siblings and children) are not eligible. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Entry in the Sweepstakes constitutes the entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning any of the prizes is contingent upon fulfilling all the requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213.
3. DATE OF SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: The Sweepstakes Drawing will be held at the End-of-Summer Member Trivia Night at The Andy Warhol Museum on August 29.
4. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning on June 1, 2019 and continuing throughout the summer until the End-of-Summer Member Trivia Night on August 29, 2019, members who attend any of the Museums, attend certain designated events at the Museums, participate in a scavenger hunt, answer questions and/or agree to receive message updates, will earn stamps. Each stamp that is earned gives you the opportunity for one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes Drawing so that the more stamps you collect, the more chances you have to win. There are 2 ways to collect these stamps: (1) Digitally by installing the Facebook Messenger App on your phone and visiting carnegiebot.org. Once installed, each time you attend the Museum or certain designated events, a code can be scanned so that you earn a stamp; and (2) By obtaining a Summer Adventure map at any museum admission desk and presenting it for a stamp when you visit or attend certain designated events.
To be eligible to win, you can either 1) attend the End-of-Summer Member Trivia Night and present your stamps digitally or on your map at that time. Each stamp will be worth one raffle ticket in the drawing. Note that even if have not collected any stamps, by attending the End-of-Summer Member Trivia Night, you may submit one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes Drawing. 2) mail in your map along with your name and Member ID Number showing the number of stamps you have collected (mail to 4400 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213).
5. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV): Prizes will include items like $260 in Carnegie Cash, a Premium Membership renewal, café gift certificates, and gift bags from each of the four museum stores. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Non-cash Prizes are $260 for the Carnegie Cash, $250 for the Premium Membership renewal, $20 for the gift certificates, and $25 for the gift bags respectively. Odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received.
6. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWING: At the End-of-Summer Member Trivia Night, the winning entries will be randomly drawn from . (“Prize Winners”) You need not be present at the event to be eligible to win. The Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection/verification of the potential Prize Winners is final and binding and will be subject to Sponsor’s verification that each Prize Winner is a member and is 18 years of age or older. If it is determined that any potential Prize Winner(s) were not eligible to participate, he/she agrees to forfeit his or her prize. If the winner is not present, he or she will be notified the next business day and will have one week to claim the prize. Otherwise, he or she will forfeit the prize and another winner will be selected by the same process. Prize Winners are responsible to any tax liability.
7. LIABILITY RELEASE: By participating in the Sweepstakes Drawing or receiving a Sweepstakes prize, each entrant releases and holds harmless the Sponsor, its officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any liability, claims, loss, injuries, damage, or causes of action of any kind which may occur or be sustained directly or indirectly out of or relating to participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt, acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize, whether caused in whole or in part by the negligence of the Released Parties. The Released Parties are not responsible if the Sweepstakes Drawing cannot occur or if the Prizes cannot be awarded due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism.
8. PUBLICITY RELEASE: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes the consent of prize winners and entrants to Sponsor and its agents to the use of the name of the winners and entrants, their likenesses, photograph or voice for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
9. GENERAL CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant affirms that they have read, understand and have accepted these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend, and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if Sponsor determines, in its sole discretion, that the integrity, administration, or fairness of the Sweepstakes has been impaired or corrupted for whatever reason. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of this provision or any other provision herein.
10. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment, apps or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the registration/entry process for the Sweepstakes; (3) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (4) any losses or damages to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of the prizes; or (5) any lost, late, stolen, ineligible, undelivered, delayed or misdirected entries of any kind.
11. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (1) Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or the prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and Jurisdiction and venue over any such disputes, claims and causes of action shall exist exclusively in the state courts located in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and shall be subject to the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania without regard to choice of law principles; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs associated with participating in the Sweepstakes, but in no event shall include any other costs or attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses.