Carnegie Cash for Schools
HELP US help your child's school.
We know schools are often required to raise money (or ask families to help raise money) to meet the costs of providing high-quality educational experiences to complement school curricula. Now there's a way to earn funds to help you meet these and other costs, with a program that benefits your school, its families, and most importantly, your students. With Carnegie Cash for Schools, you can raise funds for your school by partnering with Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh.
Simply encourage your school families, teachers, staff, neighbors, or friends to purchase a membership to Carnegie Museums—or renew an existing membership. Your school automatically will receive $10 for each new membership and $5 for each renewal membership purchased—gift memberships included—when your school is identified as a Carnegie Cash for Schools participant.
Support Pittsburgh Public Schools through
The Pittsburgh Promise
Simply buy, renew, or purchase a gift membership through one of the links below, and we'll donate $5 or $10 to The Pittsburgh Promise.
Simply buy, renew, or purchase a gift membership through one of the links below, and specify the school that you would like to raise money for (excluding Pittsburgh Public Schools).
Anyone can help raise money for your school through Carnegie Cash for Schools… parents, alumni, friends, neighbors, grandparents, out-of-town relatives, anyone you can think of.
And if you wish to support the Pittsburgh Public Schools, for every new membership purchased we'll donate $10 to The Pittsburgh Promise, and $5 for every renewed Membership to The Pittsburgh Promise, a program that funds college scholarships for graduates.
Students do no selling and collect no money… so they remain free to concentrate on learning. Meanwhile, your school community feels good because they are supporting three great causes: their own families, your school, and the Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh, one of our community's great treasures.
What do I need to do?
- Provide a link on your school's website (if applicable) to Carnegie Museums' Membership Purchase page. We'll provide the encoded URL to your webmaster so your school is automatically credited with the transaction.
- Communicate to parents, teachers, staff, friends, alumni, neighbors about the program.
- Receive $10 for every NEW membership purchased at any level
- Receive $5 for every RENEWAL membership purchased at any level
What does Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh do?
- We conduct all payment transactions and fulfillment. There is no paperwork for you.
- We track all sales to be credited to your school-there is no tracking work for you!
- We send a check to your school for the amount you’ve earned. Funds will be distributed once a year—by March for sales from January through December of the previous year.
How do I enroll my school in Carnegie Cash for Schools?
Simply complete this form (PDF) and mail or fax it to:
Carnegie Museums of Pittsburgh
4400 Forbes Ave.
Pittsburgh, PA 15213
For questions, please email us.
- Your school must be identified in the transaction for credit to apply, whether automatically (by linking through your school's web site) or manually (by identifying the school name in writing or verbally at the point of sale).
- If your school is not identified, your school will not receive credit for the sale, no exceptions. Please be sure that any offline sales meant to benefit your school identify your school's full name and location.
- Online sales originating from your school's web site will be automatically credited to your school after the registration process is complete.
- Online sales coming through the Carnegie Museums' Member Center web site without linking from your school's web page first must identify the full school name where indicated for credit to apply to your school.
- This program includes all purchases of Premium, Family, Dual, Individual and Senior memberships, and includes New Memberships, Renewals, and Gift Memberships. Donor/Patron level gifts to the museums (gifts of $350 and above) are not included in the program at this time.
- This program is not valid with any discounts. Only memberships purchased at full retail price qualify for credit to Carnegie Cash for Schools. This program does not apply to membership upgrades.
- Memberships purchased through this program or through any other means does not entitle member children to discounts on school field trips. However, your school is welcome to use the cash generated through this program towards school activities at the museums.
- The rules, guidelines, incentives and/or administration of the Carnegie Cash for Schools program are subject to change.